Git Foundations Workshop
This hands-on workshop will equip you with the necessary skills to collaborate and version research code. It teaches you how to use Git from its basics to advanced features. The course is approximately 50% lecture and 50% hands-on work.
We answer common questions like:
- What is GitHub/Gitlab and do we use it?
- What are issues and pull requests?
- How do you create a branch and a commit?
And when you’re done you’ll be able to:
- Make commits and merge code
- Create branches
- Introduce changes with pull requests
- Work in a collaborative environment
Who Should Attend
The workshop is designed for researchers from TU Braunschweig and beyond who wish to collaborate using version control systems. No previous experience is required.